Sunday, October 21, 2012

Flamingo Pink 8 inch Baking Dish #222

How perfect is it to start this blog with a post on a piece of pink pyrex!

Such a rare color to find, such a collectible color, such a beauty! Of course we all know that Pyrex was meant to be used, so I've included a recipe cooked in my piece of pyrex.

Pink is my favorite color of pyrex, but it seems odd to have kitchenware in pink. Does anyone really have a pink themed kitchen? Maybe the question should be- does anyone with a husband have a pink themed kitchen? I think I'm rather lucky that I get to display my pyrex in my kitchen at all!

I found this piece of pyrex at a Savers thrift store recently. It looked so horrible, I nearly didn't pick it up. However, I didn't have this size baking dish in any color and figured that even if it didn't clean up well, at least it would be pink and a size I didn't have. But, after a good bit of scrubbing, a magic eraser and some detailing with a tooth pick, it looks great! Really, it's close to mint condition!


So today I made homemade butterfingers in my pink pyrex baking dish (guest appearance by green square flowers #444)

The Recipe was easy too, only 3 ingredients! (original recipe found here)

1 lb candy corn (my bag came as 1 lb 5 oz, so I just had to eat some before I could make the recipe)
1 16 oz jar peanut butter
1/2 lb almond bark (no nuts) aka chocolate candy coating

 Melt the candy corn in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, picture below is after first 30 seconds. Also, I could only find the mixed bag of candy corn and it had the regular corn, the pumpkins and the corn with the chocolate/brown bottoms. I think that the color of the butterfingers would be better with the plain bag, the one I used made it a bit darker than desired.

Combine your melted candy corn with all of the peanut butter.


Line your pan/pyrex with wax paper or parchment paper.


Pour your mixture into your lined pan and spread it evenly so it gets into the corners.


 Let your Finnley dog lick the peanut butter jar while you wait for the mixture to cool. (this step is optional)


Turn the cooled mixture onto another sheet of waxed paper and cut into pieces. I could have made long skinny bars like actual butterfingers but they are just too much for me at that size.  You choose, 12 long skinny bars or 24 short stubby bars. I then transfered them once cut onto two wax paper lined cookie sheets so that I would have room to put the chocolate on them.


Melt your almond bark in the microwave the same way you did the candy corn. Use a spatula to apply it to the sides and tops of the bars, I did not do the under sides.


Then allow your chocolate to return to room temperature before removing them from the wax paper to eat.

Voila, homemade butterfingers made in pink pyrex.

You're welcome, in advance!

-Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment